Flysky FS-i6 Multiprotocol Mod

Share your Drone Related DIY/MOD here
DroneMesh
Site Admin

Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:56 pm

Hello Everyone,

So everyone request I create the mod here for people who can not wait.

This will show you how to wire the mod and get it working but will not go into detail on how to make it nice and neat.

Required Parts:

This Exact Multiprotocol Module:
http://bit.ly/2IFFQXT

Flysky I6 or i6x (The i6x mod will be in the video but same concept)
http://bit.ly/2zWq8VM

Silicon Wire
http://bit.ly/2OBp7e3

What we will need is 3 wires to solder to the Flysky FS_i6

VCC GND PPM_OUT

20181007_154243.jpg

They would connect to the multiprotocol module like in the Pic below

20181007_154434.jpg

Before Binding make sure your transmitter is on and the PPM line is inside the multiprotocol module
marcruhl

Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:18 pm

Hey there,

for anyone wondering whether this also works with TBS Crossfire: It does! I just tested it today with the Crossfire Micro TX and had no problems with it.

With a proper 3D printed case this could really change the transmitter market. Buy FlySky stocks now :lol: .

@DroneMesh if you need any help with this project, I would love to contribute to it. I already did some quite advanced mods to multiple transmitters and am quite ok at 3D Modeling :P

Some Photos (Currently just temporary wiring):

Crossfire_Micro_TX_On_FlySky_I6_Image_1.JPG
Crossfire_Micro_TX_On_FlySky_I6_Image_3.JPG
Crossfire_Micro_TX_On_FlySky_I6_Image_2.JPG

Cheers,

Marc
"If God wanted us to fly, He would have given us more money!"
DroneMesh
Site Admin

Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:23 pm

Yes that would be super awesome.. I wanted to make an injected molded back cover and design a PCB for it to enable the flysky to run modules. You think you can help me do the 3D design for the back part..
marcruhl

Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:21 pm

Hey there. I would love to help you with the 3D Designs. I have sent you a PM with a few more details ;)
DroneMesh
Site Admin

Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:37 pm

I just designed one now took about an hour did you come up with anything?

I am printing now hoping it will be good but if you have better design would love to see it.
Attachments
flysky module bay.PNG
marcruhl

Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:13 pm

I am currently working on a complete backplate which could include some nice extras like a battery tray for LiPos or the "Leather Style" cushions that can be found on the QX7S.

I will probably still need a bit more than one week since this is a rather complex design.

When I am finished I could send you a 3D-Printed prototype over for some testing and new suggestions;)

What do you think of the Idea of having a completely custom backplate? To me this seems quite cool since you can upgrade many of the transmitters natural flaws (Battery, Module Bay, Grip, Simulator Output, etc.).
DroneMesh
Site Admin

Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:21 am

That is perfect once you have prototype ready send me the file to test out here also.
Attachments
unnamed.jpg
marcruhl

Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:18 pm

Currently printing the final prototypes. Should be finished this weekend. I will then send you the files via E-Mail so that you can print them and give me some suggestions. Did you read my PM's?

Cheers,
Marc
marcruhl

Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:17 pm

I have got a working design now, but it still seems to be quite hard to print. It needs a perfectly leveled bed and quite a lot of support. I think I need about five days to further optimize it regarding 3D-Printing, if you want to tho, I can already send you the files to look at.
Sorry for needing so long, but I have quite a lot of stuff to do currently;)

I made the battery bay Flat, with inserts for AA batteries, AAA batteries or LiPos / LiIon's, so that you can individually choose which one you want and don't need to print a new housing when changing the battery type.

Here are some Pics of the current status (I know my print Quality currently SUCKS):
IMG_3513.JPG
IMG_3514.JPG
IMG_3512.JPG
IMG_3511.JPG
Any suggestions or ideas?
albmito

Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:38 am

Hi friends i am very interesting in your proyect. I think how upgrade software of modules r9m de frsky installing in the flysky i6? Who is the port in the r9m...very thanks for this proyect.