Neuro Flight

If you have a request and or a question this is the place.
TeamAir

Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:22 pm

Hello Everyone,
I saw this tutorial:

Are there any tutorials or has anyone gotten Neuro Flight installed and running?
Does it work with Ubuntu 18.04?
Thanks for any help!
- Zia
bandi

Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:13 pm

works ok with wubuntu18.04 - just follow the steps provided on the git repo, it is not that difficult. Make sure you have python3 installed before starting (recommend the latest, at this moment 3.7.2)
https://github.com/wil3/gymfc
looking forward for some extra info on the whole setup....for the moment it seems that one has to build his model first...not sure that the Iris/example can be used for a racing/freestyle drone :)
DroneMesh
Site Admin

Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:02 am

You have to add the current model into the gazebo directory.. Everything is already there for you to start like i have.
fdvaldez

Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:48 am

Hello,

Were you able to setup gymfc/neuroflight with Ubuntu 18.04 LTS? I am having a difficult time with the setup... if anyone can help it would be awesome!

A few questions for the steps to provided in the repo:

Step 2 - Compile and install Gazebo
Can we use any version of Gazebo? For some reason I am having a hard time installing Gazebo9 in my Ubuntu 18.08 LTS system. Everytime I try to install it from source I get compiling errors...

Step 3 - From root directory of this project, pip3 install . If you plan to work with the GymFC source code you will want to install it in development mode, pip3 install -e . You will also need to build the plugin manually by running the script gymfc/envs/assets/gazebo/plugins/build_plugin.sh.
I tried many times and I just can't get this to work...
when building the plugin manually by running the build_plugin.sh script, I keep getting a 'fatal error' about the DARTmodel.hh file not found...

4)Confirm SetupFile in gymfc.ini is pointing to the correct location
I am not sure about this step.. what exactly we should be looking for?

Thank you very much for any input. I am new to the AI/RL environment, and I am trying to perform research on neuro flight controller which I think that starting with gymfc as the baseline would be great.

By the way, a step by step tutorial on gymfc and its dependencies download/installation/compilation would be great! I am sure many students/researchers like myself would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you again.